Friday, May 17, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Mentorship Log:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkM2Mkaeu-Y8dDhmUDdlM0stbDZRQzFzU2JnQ1JUR1E#gid=0

or you can go to the mentorship tab on top of my page to see the log as well.

Contact name and # :
Emily Savilla
(909) 394-0304
What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
The most important thing that I have gained by doing my mentorship would be by expanding my knowledge in the physical therapy career field. That includes being able to have better communication skills with all different types of patients to being able to do hands on treatments with the assistance of my mentor or another PT. The staff at Emeritus were always friendly and helped me whenever it was needed. I aquired this interactive experience in order to realize how their role is during working hours. Instead of just learning from reading articles, I was able to see everything that goes on in their environment.

How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.
Just by simply observing has helped me further my knowledge with each of my answers to my EQ. I paid attention to when the physical therapists asked their patients questions, which would be part of the evaluation process. Then, it got to the point to where the PT’s would trust me and let me give directions to their patients on how to stretch. Once they started letting me do that, I got to lead exercises and monitor the patients to make sure they keep going and don’t stop abruptly. Also, I was able to see what kind of equipment was being used and for what types of injuries it was necessary for.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment