Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog 23: 2014 Interview


1. Who did you interview and what house are they in?

Sabrina Sanchez, West House

2. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

"I was thinking along the lines of either baking, art, theater, fashion and a couple others. I chose these because I am interested in pursuing them as a career. I’ll most likely do baking though since it would be easier to find somewhere to get an internship."

3. What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?

"Since my sister is already a line cook, I was going to ask her to help me out in finding a good place to get my hours. She knows a lot of people in the business and could ask them for me."

4. What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?

"I was actually looking forward to seeing what other seniors have done to help me decide what I could do or where I might be able to go. Not to mention I can check out what I should prepare for next year."

5. What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?

“What did you do for your mentorship? Did you like it? Would you do anything differently if you could? Do you have any tips that might help me out?"

What I would recommend would be to check out JD's presentation because I know he is doing it on baking and he did his mentorship at cake mommas. For my mentorship I actually had to go visit many places. I should of started a long time ago like right now if I were you because the problem I kept running into was that either they don’t accept volunteers, don’t have anymore spots available because they are full or kids in college are more likely to get those spots, sometimes I had to be 18 and back then I wasn’t at the time, and then there would be a waiting list. So I ran into a lot of obstacles, so if you get a place for mentorship and it isn’t the best place, take it! It’s a start, it’s better to have somewhere to go then be left behind. I loved my mentorship because I got to go in whenever I wanted, everyone was nice and helped me out. That’s another thing, ask a lot of questions. Working with friendly people will benefit you the most as well

I hope that helps and if you have any more questions you can always ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment